Who this agreement is between
Please read these User Terms carefully. They may change every so often so it is a good idea to come back and read them again regularly to stay up-to-date. If we change the User Terms, we will post them on this website and your future usage of the website will be subject to the updated User Terms. These User Terms were last updated in September 2018.
1. These User Terms are between you and Peters Limited (trading as “Support your school”). You accept the User Terms by using our website. If you do not agree to the User Terms, you must not use our website.
- Our registered address is 120 Bromsgrove Street, Birmingham, B5 6RJ. Our company number is 02452340.
- When we say "Peters", "we", "us" or "our" in these User Terms, we mean Peters Limited (trading as “Support your school”). When we say "School" or "Schools", we mean a school(s) or other education institution(s) that have signed up with Peters.
How do these User Terms work?
- These User Terms apply to your use of the supportyourschool.org.uk website (the "Donation Website") (including where you are a School and set up a fundraising page or website), any associated mobile application (the "Donation app") and (if you have created one) your account.
Your account (if you have created one)
- You must not share your password or login details with anyone else. If your password or login details are compromised or used without your permission, you must change your password and/or login details as soon as possible.
- We will use the details on your account if we need to contact you.
- If you want to close your account, please contact us.
- We may close your account if you have not used it for 2 years. If you are a School and your account is in credit as a result of donations made to you, we reserve the right to select books, furniture and other products to the value of the level of that credit on your behalf.
Your fundraising page or website where you are a School
- In order to set up a fundraising page or website, you will need to register your interest with us and then we will create an account for you.
- The creation of a fundraising page or website on or through the Donation Website does not mean that we endorse your fundraising activity.
- We can close your fundraising page or website at our own discretion.
Availability of the Donation Website and the Donation app
- While we try to ensure that the Donation Website and the Donation app are always available, we cannot guarantee that the Donation Website, the Donation app or any content on them will always be available. For example, there may be times when our website or app, or parts of the website or app, are temporarily unavailable due to planned maintenance.
14. We can suspend your access to the Donation Website, the Donation app and/or your account at our discretion. In particular, we can do this if we suspect that your security or login details are being misused.
Using the Donation Website and the Donation app
- You agree that you will not post content or information on or through the Donation Website or the Donation app that:
- breaks any law or encourages an illegal act;
- is defamatory, abusive or offensive;
- infringes the copyright, privacy, confidentiality or other right of any third party. If you use someone else's personal information, material or image, you must make sure you have their permission;
- contains surveys, raffles, lotteries, contests, pyramid schemes, advertisements or chain letters; or
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to affect the use of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- You are not allowed to remove or change anything on the Donation Website and the Donation app other than, where you are a School, the content on your fundraising page or website. In addition, you cannot:
- pretend to be someone else, or that you are associated with someone or something when you are not; or
- use the Donation Website to send junk e-mail or 'spam'.
- The content on the Donation Website and the Donation app is for general information only. It is not intended to be advice for you to rely on so you should consider getting professional or specialist advice before acting on it.
- We do not verify or approve any content or information on the Donation Website or the Donation app that is created by other users and/or Schools so we do not take responsibility for it (although we will remove or disable unlawful or offensive content if we become aware of it). The views expressed by other users and Schools are their own views so they will not always reflect our views and values.
- The Donation Website and the Donation app may sometimes link to other websites. We do not have control over those websites and we are not responsible for them (including their data policies, content and security).
Who owns the information on the Donation Website and the Donation app?
- You own all of the content and information you post on or through the Donation Website and the Donation app. You agree to the following:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos that you post on, through or in connection with the Donation Website and the Donation app ("IP content"), you give Peters permission to use the IP content anywhere in the world, forever and without charge and you give us permission to edit the IP content. You also agree that we can transfer or give permission to use and/or edit the IP content to another party.
- You can ask us to stop using the IP content by contacting us when you delete it on your account (except to the extent your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it). When you delete (or you ask us to delete) the IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. You understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- Otherwise, we own or have permission to use all of the intellectual property rights on the Donation Website and the Donation app and in the material published on or through them (“Peters content"). Peters content includes (but is not limited to) information, designs, graphics and their layout.
- You need written permission from us before you:
- use any part of the Peters content for commercial purposes; and
- copy, reproduce or download all or any part of the Peters content.
- If you do not get written permission first, you must return or destroy any copies of the Peters content you have made if we ask you to.
Can these User Terms be changed?
- We may change these User Terms because of changes:
- in technology or the systems we use;
- to meet our legal or regulatory obligations;
- to make them clearer or more favourable to you or to correct errors; and
- to introduce or remove services or to reflect changes to the way in which the Donation Website or the Donation app are managed.
- We will not give you notice but you will always be able to find the most up-to-date version on the Donation Website.
Is there anything else you need to know?
- You use the Donation Website and the Donation app at your own risk. We are not liable for any loss or damage which you may suffer through the use of Donation Website and the Donation app. Nothing in these User Terms is meant to limit our responsibility more than the law allows us to.
- If you break the User Terms, the Donation Terms, the School Terms or the Development User Terms, or you are abusive or threatening to our team, another user or a School we can stop you from using all or part of the Donation Website and the Donation app (including closing your account) and delete any content that you have posted. We can also close your account.
- No one other than you and us will be able to enforce any part of the User Terms.
- If you live in Scotland, Scots law applies and the Scottish courts will handle any disputes. If you live in Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland law applies and the Northern Irish courts will handle any disputes. If you live anywhere else, English law applies and the courts of England and Wales will handle any disputes.
- If we do not deliver the standard of service you expect or if you think that we have made a mistake, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We will investigate and, if necessary, take action to put things right.